Saturday, February 07, 2009

Nostalgia …

At times words just fail you and the inarticulate you takes over. The thought does not translate into meaningful words but leaves you with a smile on your face. Yeah :-)

I celebrated my 26th birthday last week and as I look back I remember those enumerable moments that are etched in my mind. Moments that I want to re-live.

As a toddler, I ran behind my elder sister and chased her wherever she went. Yes, she was the world to me. The lush green gardens of Anushaktinagar and a 5 year old chasing around her elder sister, wanting to be like her, trying to do all that her sister could! :-) :-)

Fast forward a few years and I see myself with 2 of my closest friends in the Primary school. I could do anything for them. I mean it. I would bad-mouth anyone who hurt them, Bully anyone who troubled them and happily give away my treasured belongings to them [and yeah, Only to them]. That was me then :-))). Happy in my tiny, little, secure world.

A few more years, and there I am sitting on the steps of RAIT, outside that Mechanics lab, chaapoing assignments, page by page, word by word, as we gossip about the latest happenings. Evenings were spent with the A-nagar gang - those long walks, the car races, Kareena Kapoor’s songs blasting in Angad’s car, I-Max experiences and so much more …

A lot has changed since then of course, like it does for everyone. I call my life Nomadic now …for I haven’t stayed in any one city for more than a year after my BE. Action packed, fast paced and constantly changing – like a stream of flowing water.

4 years, 4 different cities, across 2 continents. I wonder what is it that I will remember about this phase of life when I look back.

P.S – As I read this post again, I notice the similarity with one of my favorite scenes from the movie “Bluffmaster” :-)

Check out Boman Irani and Abhishek Bachchan -

13 comments:

nb.. said...

firstly wish u a very happy (belated) bday :-)

now abt the post... beautiful writeup :-)

its really strange but very cute [:-)]that most of us are in this lovely nostalgic mood rite now...

all the frnds i have met / spoken to in last one month have just talked abt these awesome moments spent with the frnds back in school n college.. the different phases tht we have gone thru and how today when we look back at them, our heart just wants to re-live all of it again :-)really brings back a big smile on each ones face :)

I must say, you captured those days really really well ... , and Iam also very sure tht few yrs from now, when you look back at this nomadic life of yours, you will definitely have many beautiful moments to cherish and smile on :-)

Enjoy the uncertainty called "life" :-)

zoxcleb said...

26 and already looking back? tch tch. :-)

you've really had quite a life so far, at least given by the handful experiences that you've listed here, and am sure this is just the beginning of the travels and tales of this beautiful nomad.
So is it really 26 days, or 30?

And yes, a very happy birthday to you again!

Quest said...

Hey Thanks for the wishes Niki :-)

And true...those really were magic moments...sigh*

I thank God that when I look back ... I only remember happy moments ...and so many of them :)

Quest said...

@Zoxcleb, now I am younger than you ...so you better get the number correct :-)
And Thanks for all the nice words :-)

Unknown said...

"Life is a matter of a miracle that is collected over time by moments, flabbergasted to be in each others' presence." - Speed Levitch

Jainuine said...

Kuch purane kisse aksar yaad aate hain,
Jo ahiste se dil ko behla jate hain...

The reminiscence of those days, awakens my quest for similar experiences in future...
:)

kads said...

ahan...a post after a while...goooood one...enjoy ur nomadic life [:)]...more of such moves to come I suppose [;)]

Quest said...

@ Manas, I dunno what to say to that. But yes, this post was about what I have collected over time :-)

Quest said...

@ Jainuine,
I think Ican use that as a tag-line for my Quest-reminiscence :)

@ kads, thanks.Truly, I am very much enjoying this phase..and you know about it.
About more such moves ....it is a long wait :-)

Satish Bhat said...

belated wishes ruchita ! Wish you many more years of happy nostalgia :)

Quest said...

hey tx Satish ...how r u doing ?

dipz said...

good post...enjoy your nomadic life...nuthin beats it!!

Quest said...

Thanks Deepti. where are you travelling to these days ?