Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Lost Mile



The lost mile

You came back today, my friend,
And my thoughts drifted for a while,
Bringing back the memories
Of the lost mile

A distance that can never be covered
A time that we can’t make up
Been ages since we even spoke
The sadness, the grief makes me choke

The times when we were together
And shared our delights and glee
Not knowing what’s in store for us
But knowing just to be

We are now treading different paths
The mile has only got longer
What happened, I do not know
Is the bond any stronger?

May be I know the answer
And perhaps I do realize
That its time to say goodbye
But can you even hear me sigh?

5 comments:

zoxcleb said...

wow!! i know exactly how u feel.... but i wish i knew why.

VKM said...

original composition?!
hmm...
like the previous comment,
i know exactly how you feel!

Quest said...

Ya .. original :)

VKM, get original too .. in ur comments .. this looks like CP.. "I had the same point :D"

Satish Bhat said...

such a refreshing post! i could actually feel the heart ache. thanks for such a wonderful post.

Unknown said...

very beautifully written ..is all I can say