Friday, November 09, 2007

Shimmer, Magic, Delight ...




It’s that time again. Festivities all around. Light, Magic, Madness. I’ve loved the Diwali season since the time I remember and I still do. The cold winter setting, the celebration time, the radiance and the shine, it is just so rejuvenating.
After a sleepless week of surviving on barely 3 hours average sleep, I just indulged and pampered myself yesterday. A lazy afternoon, a cuppa chai, a Hillary Duff starrer ‘Perfect man’ (at least on screen) on HBO and my laptop – what else does one need!
For now, the movie name itself seems like such a hypothetical concept. But what the hell!
A cute movie, very girlie, and I think the inspiration behind Desi flick Mitr - my friend, in some ways. While the movie progressed and Holly became desperate to protect her mom's newfound happiness, my quadmates became more determined and pledged yet again, to get me drunk one day. Very clichéd ‘happily ever after’ end of the movie, but for the sparkling illusionary charming mood all around, I let it pass. Freezed another movie plan for Diwali night, this seems so unimaginable at ISB, indulging in movies back to back.

Looking back at Diwali celebrations that I’ve had in my life, from anar and lavangis to more progressed lakshmi bombs and rockets, from my camaraderie with anushakti friends to new found friends in Dallas, from mafco meetings to teen patti teams at ISB fiesta …
It’s brought me many new friends, loads of happiness and a sea of good memories that fetches a smile to my face. May this mood never end …
Happy Diwali people !! :-)

4 comments:

kads said...

cool post! Cudn't help looking at the IMDB and turns out that 'Mitr'(2002) came out before 'The Perfect Man'(2005) :D

Quest said...

:P thanks ....

Quest said...

for once they took inspiration from Bollywood

kads said...

yeah...looks like [:)]